Alarm monitoring center or central monitoring station, sometimes known as "CMS" are companies that provide 24-hour services to monitor burglaries, theft, fire and residential alarm systems. Central Monitoring Station may also provide physical security services such as guards and supervisory services.
Central monitoring stations communicate with and through telephone and mobile lines, radio channels, computers, software and trained staff to monitor their customers' security systems. In the event an alarm signal is received, they are trained to call the appropriate authorities to deal with the situation. Typically, there is a fee for services rendered. Because quality and experience can vary among alarm companies, prospective customers are advised to do their own research before making a final choice. Some alarm companies monitor the systems they install while some may outsource these services to other companies.
"UL listed" companies generally offer higher levels of service and reliability because they are mandated to follow certain regulations. If the UL central station is "automated", the computers and software must meet special requirements processing and storing very large amounts of data and integration with many different alarm protocols.
Incoming signals are processed by digital alarm receivers; these convert the incoming event packets to serial or TCP packets which are then analyzed by the Central Station software. Event packets can be communicated over any transmission medium: PSTN, GSM, radio, direct line, Ethernet, GPRS, etc.
Some Benefit of Central Station Monitoring
- 24 hours a day, 365 days a year protection providing you with complete peace of mind
- Emergency service response within minutes of a verified alarm activation
- Panic buttons and other safety features enable emergency services to respond without any delay
- Nominated key holders are notified of alarm activations preventing owners or family members walking in on a potentially dangerous situation
- Option to receive notifications if your smoke, heat or carbon monoxide alarms go off.
- Depending on the provider, you can even set it up so authorities are instantly notified in these instances
- Straightforward installation means minimum disruption to home or business
- Depending on the company's coverage, remote residential properties, remote offices, and warehouses will be protected
- Many insurance companies offer great discounts to home and business owners who have a monitored alarm system
Optimum safety with alarm monitoring
In cases of emergency, help might not reach you on time if you do not have a monitored alarm system. Life-saving devices are important safety devices that you should have in your home or business, however, if they are not monitored, it may not be guaranteed that they will save lives. If central monitoring stations monitor and detect intrusions or threats in as they are happening, situations can be avoided and lives can be saved should it ever come to that. When a central station receives a signal from, nominated key holders are instantly called and emergency services dispatched.
Panic alarms and personal protection units can save your life when the central station takes immediate action to alert emergency services and summon them to your location once a signal has been received.
Note that CCTV systems can also be monitored which adds extra security to any premises. False alarms are eliminated as video footage identify crimes in progress and guard response time is accelerated as footage provides verified evidence of break-ins or incidents taking place in real time.
The cost of CMS?
Monitoring fees vary depending on various factors, the services rendered, the country and the reliability of the company. But one thing is sure, with central monitoring systems you feel safe knowing that your premises will be monitored and protected 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Choose a monitoring company you can trust
Make sure that you choose a trustworthy alarm monitoring company to secure your premises. Entrust the security of your property to professionals, and you will be guaranteed the peace of mind you have been searching for.